- 4.7.4 - February 26, 2022
- 4.7.3 - August 16, 2021
- 4.7.2 - July 22, 2021
- 4.7.1 - July 20, 2021
- 4.7 - March 16, 2021
- 4.6.28 - February 8, 2021
- 4.6.27 - January 6, 2021
- 4.6.26 - December 28, 2020
- 4.6.25 - May 28, 2019
- 4.6.24 - April 1, 2019
- 4.6.23 - March 26, 2019
- 4.6.22 - January 30, 2019
- 4.6.21 - October 6, 2018
- 4.6.20 - November 14, 2017
- 4.6.19 - November 2, 2017
- 4.6.18 - November 2, 2017
- 4.6.17 - June 10, 2017
- 4.6.16 - March 19, 2017
- 4.6.15 - February 27, 2017
- 4.6.14 - January 24, 2017
- 4.6.13 - January 5, 2017
- 4.6.12 - September 25, 2016
- 4.6.11 - September 17, 2016
- 4.6.10 - September 14, 2016
- 4.6.9 - July 25, 2016
- 4.6.8 - June 22, 2016
- 4.6.7 - May 26, 2016
- 4.6.6 - May 21, 2016
- 4.6.5 - May 13, 2016
- 4.6.4 - May 5, 2016
- 4.6.3 - May 5, 2016
- 4.6.2 - May 2, 2016
- 4.6.1 - May 1, 2016
- 4.6 - April 29, 2016
4.7.4 – February 26, 2022 #
- Updated Video.js to v7.17.0
- Updated Freemius SDK to v2.4.3
- Added limited support for HLS and DASH streaming.
- Added Pause, Resume, and Seek Google Analytics event tracking.
- Fixed a bug that reported multiple Play events when videos not in the WordPress database resumed.
- Fixed some autoplay problems with Video.js v7.
- Fixed a bug that caused a PHP 8 warning when the plugin is first installed.
4.7.3 – August 16, 2021 #
- Updated Video.js to version 7.14.3
4.7.2 – July 22, 2021 #
- Added video player option “None” which will disable all plugin-related CSS and JS on the front end.
4.7.1 – July 20, 2021 #
- Updated Video.js to version 7.13.3
- Fixed bug that removed existing meta_query when loading attachments, which broke Woocommerce image importing and most likely some other queries.
- Updated shortcode inserted via ‘Embed Video From URL’ tab from ‘KGVID’ to ‘videopack’
- Fixed bug that caused errors when all default encode formats were disabled.
- Fixed bug that broke playback on Twitter Player Cards.
- Changed video encode queue page design to make it clearer when the queue is paused.
- Added fallback logic in case the Freemius SDK files are removed from the distribution. The Freemius SDK is not required to run Videopack unless you would like to use a premium add-on.
- Updated Admin styles to conform to standardized WordPress color palette.
4.7 – March 16, 2021 #
- Changed plugin name to Videopack.
- The shortcode is now by default but older shortcodes will still work.
- Added Freemius SDK to facilitate selling premium Videopack add-ons.
- Released a premium add-on for video ads.
- Added Video.js v7 player option.
- Deprecated Video.js v5 player.
- Removed JW Player & Strobe Media Playback player options.
- Removed obsolete Video-js.swf Flash player and unused Video.js font files.
- Added GIF Mode setting to make videos behave like GIFs (autoplay, loop, muted, etc).
- Removed dashicons library from the front end and fixed multiple CSS issues.
- Added option to use an experimental cache for a complicated URL-to-ID database query that should speed up plugin execution on sites with large numbers of videos.
- Adding attachment ‘id’ attribute to shortcodes inserted into posts, and prioritizing the ‘id’ attribute over URLs when embedding videos to avoid making the URL-to-ID query when possible.
- Added option to automatically publish draft posts when attached videos are finished encoding.
- Renamed ‘controlbar’ option to ‘controls’ and ‘mute’ to ‘muted’ to match HTML5 terms.
- Improved bulk processing of videos using the “Generate thumbnails” or “Encode videos” buttons from the FFMPEG Settings tab.
- Added pause/resume control to video encode queue.
- Added automatic localization for Video.js player elements.
- Fixed bugs related to saving thumbnails with existing filenames and large thumbnails that are automatically scaled down and renamed by WordPress’s large image resizing introduced in WordPress version 5.3.
- Fixed bugs that prevented clearing encode queue in non-multisite environments.
- Fixed bug that added videos to encode queue even if there was nothing to encode.
- Fixed bug that wouldn’t show a sample video on the settings page if there were no posts in the WordPress database.
4.6.28 - February 8, 2021 #
- Added setting to change default playsinline behavior on iPhones.
- Changed default sort order of video galleries created using the gallery_include parameter to maintain the order of IDs as entered in the parameter.
- Fixed bug that caused an error when saving Menus.
- Added Greek translation.
4.6.27 - January 6, 2021 #
- Fixed bug in testing FFMPEG execution.
4.6.26 - December 28, 2020 #
- Added option to disable shortcode URL rewriting if WordPress doesn't know your videos are hosted on a CDN.
- Added playsinline attribute to Video.js videos to allow iPhones to play videos inline on web pages.
- Added filter to manually rewrite shortcode URLs.
- Changed code that caused fatal error 'Can't use function return value in write context' on PHP versions before 5.5
- Made gallery thumbnail images responsive.
- Stopped using deprecated $user_ID global.
- Fixed bug that crashed WordPress Default player if text tracks were available but no default track was set.
- Fixed bugs that caused FFMPEG errors if application path contained a space.
4.6.25 - May 28, 2019 #
- Fixed bug that broke pop-up galleries when video title had a space in the name.
- Fixed bug that re-shuffled random gallery order every time a new gallery page was loaded.
- Fixed bug that disabled auto resolution switching when using the WordPress Default video player.
- Removed the built-in WordPress Default video player size limit for better responsive sizing.
- Reduced CPU load when responsive video resizing is enabled.
- Re-ordered resolution list so when original resolution is unknown, “Full” is at the top, enabled translation of the “Full” menu item and now automatically renaming it when video metadata is loaded.
- Better activation procedure that doesn’t generate errors and disables FFMPEG functions if FFMPEG is not found.
- No longer turning on all video encode formats by default.
- Fixed bug that couldn’t automatically discover alternate formats of videos on other servers via https.
- Fixed bug that broke tab switching on the settings page when other plugins modified the admin page.
- Code changes to allow for future child formats that aren’t videos.
4.6.24 - April 1, 2019 #
- Improved method for assigning Google Analytics Event labels.
4.6.23 - March 26, 2019 #
- Added option to override WordPress built-in video shortcode.
- Fixed bug that prevented generating in-browser thumbnails more than once without reloading the page.
- Stopped deleting existing thumbnails that are selected from the library.
- Changed filename of manually selected thumbnails to thumb1.jpg
4.6.22 - January 30, 2019 #
- Modularized video file formats that can be encoded by the plugin to allow other plugins to modify, delete, or create new formats.
- Added Custom WEBM VP9 format option.
- Renamed WEBM format to WEBM VP8.
- Fixed bug that deleted unfinished video encode queue entries every 24 hours.
- Fixed bug that created duplicate encodes of non-H.264 files in some situations.
- Fixed bug that inconsistently prevented thumbnail generation in the Media Library.
- Fixed bug that disabled embed from URL “insert into post” button if FFMPEG was not set up on server.
- Stopped appending timecode numbers to thumbnail filenames.
- Stopped removing special characters from the end of filenames of generated thumbnails and encoded files.
- Attempting to fix misconfigured locale settings that can sometimes cause video files with diacritics (accent marks, umlauts, etc) to generate “File not found” errors when using FFMPEG.
- Removed old Media Library video thumbnail display functionality that was preventing some Media Libraries from loading.
- Now allowing https FFMPEG input.
4.6.21 - October 6, 2018 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.20.5
- Added option to constrain video gallery thumbnail aspect ratios when mixed aspect ratios are present in the gallery.
- Added option to use FFMPEG to add a watermark to thumbnails.
- Fixed WordPress Default player default subtitles not enabled on page load.
- Fixed manual thumbnail selection in Media Library page and Safari.
- Added gtag Google Analytics support.
- Restored freeze-frame while resolution switching in WordPress Default player and now maintaining video aspect ratio while in fullscreen mode for both players.
- Added cron check to ensure the rest of the queue encodes when user does not see encoding start.
4.6.20 - November 14, 2017 #
- Updated WordPress Default player resizing methods and speed and resolution selector plugins for the new player included with WordPress 4.9.
- Added 480p resolution option.
- Added option to hide unwanted encode formats from the attachment pages and encode queue.
- Fixed bug that prevented 360p encoding for videos less than 480p.
- Fixed bug that did not automatically select default encoding formats.
4.6.19 - November 2, 2017 #
- Fixed shorthand array declaration to retain compatibility with versions of PHP older than 5.4.
4.6.18 - November 2, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.20.2
- No longer double encoding 360p formats for 360p or lower resolution original videos.
- Enabled subtitles for fullscreen iPhone videos when using the Video.js player.
- Now allowing external URLs without filename extensions.
- Fixed FFMPEG thumbnail generation when embedding videos from external URLs.
- Fixed “Warning illegal string offset ‘id'” errors.
4.6.17 - June 10, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.19.2
- Better fix for big play button overlay remaining visible on autoplay Video.js videos.
4.6.16 - March 19, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.18.4
- Added option for variable playback rates in Video.js and WordPress Default players.
- Fixed bug that didn't save views when quarter counting was enabled (new installations only).
- Fixed bug that allowed big play button to remain on screen when videos autoplayed in Firefox and Edge.
- Fixed query for converting URLs to post IDs when a blank _wp_attached_file is present in the database.
4.6.15 - February 27, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.16.0
- Changed source filetype checking to account for URLs with query strings, which allows for signed URLs.
- Changed VP9 encoding CRF value to the H.264 setting. Using the WEBM setting led to unnecessarily high bitrates.
- Removed French translation files from distribution to allow updated language packs.
4.6.14 - January 24, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.15.1
- Added option to restrict video player aspect ratio to the default aspect ratio.
- Added option to disable view tracking in the WordPress database.
- Added option to use FFMPEG's auto rotation feature for vertical videos, available in recent versions of FFMPEG and added a rotated video for testing.
- Added check for Video.js version in case another application loads an older version. The resolution selector feature will not load if Video.js is not 5.x or above.
- Added check for a new parent post if a video thumbnail is auto generated before a corresponding post is created. If a new parent exists, the thumbnail is set as the featured image for the new post. This is usually only necessary when used with frontend uploaders.
- Fixed mixed content warnings in galleries with multiple pages.
- Changed all
- Added hook for download logging using the single-click download method. An alpha version of a download logging add-on plugin is available on GitHub.
4.6.13 - January 5, 2017 #
- Updated Video.js player to version 5.14.1
- Fixed bug that disabled gallery page switching.
- Delayed automatic resolution switching until playback starts and now sorting sources to make the default resolution the first element and prevent unnecessary source switching after the page loads.
- Fixed bug that disabled resolution switching if preload is set to "none"
- Added preload as a shortcode attribute.
- Delayed loading videos in attachment editing page until needed for thumbnail creation.
- Fixed manual thumbnail selection in pop-up Media Library windows.
- Fixed bug that deleted completed same-resolution video files if other video formats were added or removed from the queue before encoding of secondary formats was completed.
- Fixed deprecated class constructor warning in PHP 7.
- Removed unnecessary Video.js player re-initializations.
4.6.12 - September 25, 2016 #
- Restored Video.js resolution selection in pop-up video galleries.
- Fixed thumbnail creation bugs in Chrome browser.
- Fixed missing 'starts' error message when video had never been played.
4.6.11 - September 17, 2016 #
- Fixed untranslated "views" text after video is played.
4.6.10 - September 14, 2016 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.11.6
- Now forcing Video.js controls to display on mobile devices if the video is not muted. Otherwise autoplay doesn't work and there's no way for the user to start the video.
- Moved native controls z-index in front of watermark overlay and hid Video.js play button on Android when using native controls option.
- Fixed bug that constantly reset checkboxes and prevented removing individual formats from the video encode queue.
- Fixed divide by zero error when video encoding is slower than 1 fps.
- Fixed missing nonce error when clearing video encode queue.
4.6.9 - July 25, 2016 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.10.7
- Fixed bug that sometimes prevented thumbnail generation.
- Fixed bug that prevented selection of encoding error email setting in Network admin page.
- Added visual feedback while saving manually selected thumbnails.
4.6.8 - June 22, 2016 #
- Added keyboard control of video thumbnail selector. Spacebar to play/pause, arrow keys to move one frame forward or back, and JKL playback control. Reverse playback only works in Safari.
- Added option to pause other videos on the page when starting a new video (or disable it for WP Default player).
- Added functionality to dynamically embed attached videos outside of the loop.
- Added check for changed filename extension if a video has been replaced by a different format but is still embedded using the old filename.
- Fixed bug that disabled styling for WordPress Default video players on the page when embedded after an audio file.
- Fixed bug that didn't record Video.js pop-up video gallery views or JW Player quarter playback stats.
- Fixed bug that prevented automatic clearing of old encode queue entries.
- Fixed bug that doubled non-H.264 video source tags.
- Fixed bug that prevented encoding 1080p and 720p H.264 videos if original video is not H.264 and has the same resolution.
- Improved iframe-embedded vertical video resizing.
- Changed iPhone play button to match Video.js button style.
- Tweaked embed code overlay styles.
- Set WordPress Default bottom margin to 0.
4.6.7 - May 26, 2016 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.10.2
- Fixed bug that set Video.js players to the highest resolution no matter what was set as the default.
- Added a system to change video playback settings via URL query strings.
- Added "start" shortcode attribute to start videos at a particular timecode and an option to set the start time in the embed code overlay.
- Added left/right arrow navigation through video galleries.
- Changed resizing method when responsive video is disabled.
- Delayed autoplay command until metadata is loaded in Video.js player.
- Fixed bug that re-enabled default subtitles in the Video.js player every time play restarted.
- Fixed bug that left room for captions on all gallery videos if the first video had a caption.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly resized pop-up gallery window for vertical videos.
4.6.6 - May 21, 2016 #
- Added support for Yoast's custom Universal Google Analytics variable name.
- Modified resizing method for WordPress Default player container again.
- Updated WordPress Default player's fullscreen resolution calculation to match Video.js change made in v4.6.3
- Added filter hook to modify FFMPEG-generated thumbnail options.
- Increased WordPress Default play button z-index.
4.6.5 - May 13, 2016 #
- Removed anonymous function to allow the plugin to run on PHP versions lower than 5.3.
- Added 25%, 50%, and 75% video view tracking to the WordPress admin area.
- Fixed width="100%" vertical video aspect ratio bug and now allowing other players to work with this still-not-recommended method.
- Modified resizing method for WordPress default player container.
- Fixed temporary thumbnail display when switching resolutions in a Video.js player that is set to a different aspect ratio from the video file.
- Disabled background page rendering request on autosaves and revisions.
- Adjusted title bar CSS again and increased WordPress Default play button z-index.
4.6.4 - May 5, 2016 #
- Fixed bug that caused an error when feed pages were generated, possibly interrupting autosaves.
4.6.3 - May 5, 2016 #
- Updated Video.js to version 5.9.2
- Changed method for calculating automatic resolution when switching to fullscreen so it's the same as a regular resize event instead of always selecting the highest resolution available.
- Fixed bug that disabled JW Player selection in the plugin settings page.
- Fixed bug that always showed text track type selector as "subtitles" in the attachment edit window.
- Fixed bug that cropped the video title overlay when no sharing icons were enabled.
4.6.2 - May 2, 2016 #
- Fixed bug that disabled subtitles/captions button in the WordPress Default player.
- Fixed bug that broke Video.js players set to width="100%". This has never worked for the WordPress Default player. Using the plugin setting "Set all videos to expand to 100% of their containers" or the shortcode attribute fullwidth="true" is the recommended method, but players will work again for people using width="100%".
- Changed description of fullwidth setting to make it more clear.
4.6.1 - May 1, 2016 #
- Fixed bug that changed the way Video.js players were resized when the specified dimensions did not match the video's actual dimensions.
- Adjusted CSS for video overlay bar and z-index of the Video.js play button.
4.6 - April 29, 2016 #
- Still 100% free. More info in the support forum.
- Updated Video.js to version 5.5.3 which includes a revised skin.
- Added resolution switching for WordPress Default player.
- Added Twitter Player Cards.
- Added animated GIF video conversion.
- Added option to select a specific video resolution when the page first loads.
- Added option to ignore pixel ratios when calculating automatic resolution selection in order to prioritize lower resolutions on mobile devices.
- Added '-noreplace' filename option to prevent automatic video encoding for some videos.
- Added button to clear the whole video encoding queue.
- Added option to send an email when there is a video encoding error.
- Added Google Analytics Event tracking when users watch 25%, 50%, and 75% of a video.
- Added Twitter and Facebook share buttons.
- Significantly redesigned video sharing overlay appearance.
- Moved download link to an icon overlay and stopped inserting unnecessary downloadlink attribute in shortcode for videos in the WordPress database.
- Moved resolution switching icon to the left of the fullscreen button.
- Now showing paused video frame while switching resolutions instead of black frame or thumbnail (browser experience may vary).
- Updated oEmbed system to work with new oEmbed features introduced in WordPress 4.4.
- Revised Facebook Open Graph tags so they actually work on Facebook.
- Changed in-browser base64 thumbnail encoding to JPG in order to reduce data transferred when saving. Should reduce 404 errors.
- Improved user role security to prevent unauthorized users from modifying video settings or deleting encoded videos.
- Now using Yoast SEO or All In One SEO Pack post descriptions for description metadata, when available.
- Removed Spanish translation from the distribution in order to favor the newWordPress language packs.
- Fixed several multisite encoding queue bugs, particularly when videos have identical post IDs on different sites.
- Fixed bug that broke FFMPEG sample encode output and video rotation when a watermark overlay was enabled.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly interpreted FFMPEG output as an error when the last line came from the AAC encoder.
- Fixed bug that didn't initialize the nativecontrolsfortouch plugin setting.
- Fixed bug that didn't set featured images on some videos uploaded using frontend uploaders.
- Fixed bug that hid the wrong headers on the plugin settings tabs in WordPress 4.4+.
- Fixed bug that disabled the text track remove button when editing videos in the media library.
- Fixed bug that redundantly localized the frontend script every time a video was embedded on a page.
4.5.5 - August 20, 2015
- Fixed a number of potential infinite loops and other recursion issues related to longstanding WordPress bug #17817.
4.5.4 - August 9, 2015
- Added option to disable native controls on mobile devices when using the Video.js player.
- Added Schema.org uploadDate and description tags which are required by Google for video listings.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.12.11
- Fixed undefined index error when editing videos with text tracks that don't have default enabled.
- Fixed and localized "Saving..." overlay when saving browser-generated thumbnails.
- Fixed bug that could generate an error when displaying the sample video on the plugin settings page.
4.5.3 - July 11, 2015
- Fixed error that could zero out view counts when editing videos.
- Fixed 'strlen' error when updating videos with subtitles.
- Attempting to enable 'default' subtitle tracks on more browsers, but implementation is inconsistent.
4.5.2 - July 10, 2015
- Fixed bug that failed to set the volume or count views when using the WordPress Default or JW Player.
- Fixed bug that failed to count views when WordPress Default player was on autoplay.
- Fixed Video.js inconsistent autoplay bug.
4.5.1 - July 9, 2015
- Fixed bug that accidentally deleted thumbnail image IDs from video meta when editing attachments.
- Prevented automatic re-writing of video URLs to a local address if a popular cloud storage address is entered in the shortcode (Amazon AWS, Rackspace, etc).
- Restored full-resolution thumbnails when width is set to a percentage.
4.5 - July 7, 2015
- This is probably the last completely free major release. Some advanced features will be converted to premium add-ons in the future. More info in the support forum.
- Consolidated most video metadata database entries into a single array. This might slow things down the first time you load the Media Library.
- Added pagination option for video galleries.
- Added oEmbed provider data and option to allow oEmbed discovery from other sites.
- Added experimental WEBM VP9 encoding format.
- Added option to make the watermark overlay image a link.
- Added video stats column to Media Library list view.
- Added options for vertical video rotation and metadata removal using FFMPEG, now that some browsers recognize rotation metadata.
- Added "default" attribute for subtitle/caption text tracks to turn tracks on when the video loads.
- Added attachment edit hook that updates video thumbnail's parent post when the video's parent post changes.
- Added error handling and reporting for in-browser thumbnails.
- Added Video.js localization. Automatically changes Video.js language to the current WordPress language.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.12.7
- Updated Spanish translation.
- Updated Facebook Open Graph video embedding tags.
- Re-enabled native video player controls on mobile devices when using Video.js player for better responsive resizing and to allow Airplay & Chromecast controls.
- Removed superfluous gallery height option.
- Stopped inserting unnecessary width and height shortcode attributes when videos are set to the default width and height.
- Stopped inserting unnecessary poster URL shortcode attribute when poster is set in the media library.
- Fixed several bugs related to hosting media library files on external servers like Amazon S3.
- Fixed bug that deleted replacement videos before encoding was finished when simultaneous encodes are enabled.
- Fixed bug that dropped videos from the video encode queue when multiple videos were added to the database simultaneously, specifically when using Add From Server.
- Fixed bug that created squashed encoded videos when they were shot vertically on a mobile device.
- Fixed bug that added bad content to Open Graph video tag when other shortcodes were found before KGVID in the post.
- Fixed bug that wrote multiple unnecessary meta entries to the database when image attachments were updated.
- Fixed bug that disabled "Choose from Library" buttons in Firefox.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly indicated thumbnail selection video files did not load in Firefox.
- Fixed bug that allowed video thumbnails to overflow their container in the Media Library modal window in Firefox.
- Fixed bug that allowed crossdomain in-browser thumbnails to load, but then fail when trying to save them in Safari.
- Fixed bug that kept end of video overlay images on screen when user hit play again.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly resized videos embedded through iframe.
- Fixed bug that did not assign a default value to the qt-faststart/MP4Box application path for new installations.
- Fixed bug that allowed selection of multiple thumbnails in Embed Video from URL window
- Fixed number formatting of video play counter.
- Fixed encode queue text indent bug.
4.4.2 - November 3, 2014
- Added Google Universal Analytics event tracking.
- Updated Spanish, French and Belgian translations.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.10.2
- Fixed bug that could prevent the media library from loading.
- Fixed bug that prevented pop-up gallery thumbnails from resizing responsively.
4.4.1 - October 28, 2014
- Fixed bug that loaded resolution selector plugin too late in the page.
- Fixed bug that displayed the video poster image while switching resolutions.
4.4 - October 28, 2014
- Added H.264 HTML5 video resolution switcher for the Video.js player. Automatically selects the appropriate resolution for the size of the displayed video and allows manual user switching on desktop computers.
- Added option to set videos to automatically fill their containers.
- Added buttons to manually set other videos in the media library as alternate formats for the current video.
- Added option to encode a custom resolution.
- Added option to replace original video with a lower-resolution H.264 video, WEBM or OGV.
- Added buttons to generate thumbnails and encode additional formats for all previously uploaded videos.
- Added plugin admin scripts to the frontend when Insert Media button is loaded. Works with bbPress now.
- Added option to encode 64 and 32 kbps audio.
- Added option to set a different application path for qt-faststart or MP4Box.
- Added option to disable stdin during FFMPEG encoding. Particularly useful for IIS users.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.9.1
- Changed download link to a forced download for videos in the media library. No right-clicking necessary.
- Changed pop-up video gallery to use inline code rather than an AJAX query.
- Changed embedded video IDs to allow the same video to be embedded multiple times on a page.
- Changed volume slider on plugin settings page to drop-down menu to fix settings save errors in Windows.
- Changed 480p video format label to 360p to accurately reflect resolution of 16:9 videos. Format has always been 480p only for 4:3 videos.
- Changed AAC encoder preference to libfdk_aac > libfaac > Native FFmpeg AAC encoder (aac) > libvo_aacenc.
- Restored display of moov atom fix process in FFMPEG test output.
- Fixed bug that made pop-up video windows 0 pixels wide in iOS 8.
- Fixed bug that couldn't find video attachements that have been redirected to a CDN.
- Fixed bug that quickly faded out the end overlay image in IE.
- Fixed bug that prevented replacing encoded videos if there were any other videos in the queue.
- Fixed bug that left the GUID as the original filename if replacing the video with an mp4 changed the extension.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly reported all encoding fps values over 99 as "10".
- Fixed bug that didn't recognize videos had completed encoding if there were audio frames left in the queue.
- Fixed bug that left title overlay on iOS videos using the WordPress Default player.
- Fixed bug that made video galleries display as inline-block when the inline video option was disabled.
4.3.5 - September 17, 2014
- Fixed responsive height for videos using WordPress Default player.
- Better fix for bug that prevented choosing thumbnails from the small video player in the new media library popup window in WordPress 4.0.
4.3.4 - September 10, 2014
- Updated Video.js to version 4.8.1
- Added default gallery end option to play the next video or close the popup window.
- Restored watermark overlay in fullscreen for Video.js and WordPress Default players.
- Restored browser thumbnail generation quality in WordPress 4.0.
- Fixed bug that prevented choosing thumbnails from the small video player in the new media library popup window in WordPress 4.0.
- Removed instances in which a video or watermark in the WordPress database would be input to FFMPEG through http instead of using the file path. Should fix some I/O errors, particularly with SSL.
- Now setting the thumbnail as the featured image for the video attachment regardless of plugin settings.
4.3.3 - July 20, 2014
- Changed .mov files back to type "video/mp4" to fix "No compatible source was found for this video" errors.
- Added "mute" shortcode attribute.
- Added default volume and mute options.
- Added option to set custom default shortcode attributes.
- Fixed WordPress default player alternate H.264 sources.
- Fixed WordPress default player volume and preload settings.
- Fixed Video.js volume slider appearance when using the custom skin.
- Disabled JW Player custom context menu when right-clicking is disabled.
4.3.2 - July 15, 2014
- Updated Video.js to version 4.6.4
- Added Spanish, French, and Bulgarian translations.
- Added ability to send advanced configuration attributes to JW Player. Any attributes added to the KGVID shortcode will be passed on without change.
- Added multisite option to restrict FFMPEG settings access to super admins only.
- Added better error reporting when FFMPEG isn't executing.
- Added subtitles/captions fields to "Embed Video from URL" tab.
- Added allowfullscreen to iframe embed codes.
- Added fitvidsignore class to Video.js videos to help defeat FitVids.js-induced playback problems.
- Added contentUrl schema.org metadata.
- Fixed some gettext calls for translation.
- Fixed bug that set alternate resolution H.264 videos to type "video/h264" instead of "video/mp4".
- Fixed bug that incorrectly added "Other user's video" to video encode queue entries.
- Fixed missing help icons on settings pages.
- Fixed bug that disabled aspect ratio locking in the "Embed Video from URL" tab.
4.3.1 - April 8, 2014
- Fixed errors when activating plugin for the first time and saving settings page in non-multisite installations.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.5.1
- Fixed pop-up gallery cross-origin bug for users with FORCE_SSL_ADMIN enabled.
- Fixed error on network settings page when pressing the "Save Changes" button and resetting network settings using "Reset Options" button.
- Added text-align:left to left-aligned galleries.
- Added gettext calls to some text for translation.
- Removed duplicate bitrate setting for WEBM encoding when using average bitrate.
4.3 - March 18, 2014
- Prepared plugin for internationalization. Translators welcome!
- Finally paying attention to multisite. Several FFMPEG settings and the encode queue are now controlled at the network level if the plugin is network activated.
- Added JW Player option if the JW Player WordPress plugin is active.
- Added video subtitle/captions support.
- Revised and simplified video gallery popup method. Switched to lighter SimpleModal plugin and no longer loading jQuery-ui libraries.
- Added "gallery_ended" shortcode attribute to set an action when a pop-up video gallery video ends.
- Added next and previous buttons to navigate between pop-up video gallery items.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.4.3
- Strobe Media Playback is now deprecated. New features added to the plugin might not work if this player is selected.
- Added option to add a watermark to videos encoded with FFMPEG/LIBAV.
- Added option to automatically generate multiple thumbnails when a video is uploaded.
- Added option to encode more than one video at the same time.
- Added option to turn on video download link by default.
- Added option to set video preload attribute.
- Added list of shortcode attribute options to the post edit help tab.
- Added "order" and "orderby" shortcode attributes to sort videos embedded without a URL or ID specified.
- Added float to inline videos to allow text to wrap around them.
- Added play button overlay to gallery thumbnails when using WordPress Default player.
- Applied video alignment setting to video galleries for center and right justifying galleries.
- Added wpdb->prepare to all database queries for increased security.
- Added nonce check when recording video play counts for increased security.
- Fixed bug that broke responsive resizing in IE 8 and for all videos with apostrophes in their titles.
- Fixed bug that disabled FFMPEG if the path to WordPress had spaces in it.
- Fixed bug that generated an error if the exec function was disabled on the server using suhosin or safe mode.
- Fixed bug that caused video encode problems when FFMPEG output contained special characters.
- Fixed bug that generated misaligned play button arrows in some themes when using the Video.js player.
- Fixed bug that sometimes generated jagged rows in galleries with mixed aspect ratios.
- Fixed bug that attempted to generate thumbnails using FFMPEG if a user had previously installed FFMPEG, disabled in-browser thumbnails, then disabled FFMPEG.
- Fixed several user capability related bugs related to users who were not assigned any roles and capabilities that were not assigned to any roles.
- Changed video title overlay z-index to 103 to avoid floating over other elements.
4.2.9 - November 15, 2013
- Fixed bug that interfered with database queries that do not have post_meta (The Events Calendar revealed the bug, but it likely had an effect on other plugins).
- Fixed bug that assigned auto-encoded videos to nobody.
- Restored process to set featured image for video attachments when thumbnails are assigned.
4.2.8 – November 11, 2013
- Updated Video.js to version 4.3.0.
- Fixed iframe embedded video auto-sizing bug.
- Improved sizing of videos using the WordPress Default player.
- Removed shortcode text from RSS feeds.
- Now checking for cross-origin when making thumbnails. If video files are hosted on a different domain FFMPEG will make thumbnails to avoid cross-origin errors when saving canvas elements.
- Fixed bug that assigned auto-generated thumbnails to nobody.
- Fixed bug that would cause divide by zero errors when generating thumbnails from .mpg videos that had already encoded an alternate format with FFMPEG.
4.2.7 – October 24, 2013
- Fixed several video sizing issues.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.2.2.
- No longer loading Video.js files when using the WordPress Default player.
- Restored /KGVID closing tag to inserted gallery shortcodes to avoid confusion if more than one KGVID shortcode is in the post.
- Changed Settings and Donate links on Installed Plugins admin page and fixed 404 error on network dashboards.
4.2.6 – October 19, 2013
- Fixed bug that broke playback in some cases when using the shortcode without a URL.
- Fixed bug that ignored width and height saved in the attachment meta if width and height were not set in the shortcode.
- Fixed bug that broke WordPress Default player when embedding M4V files.
- Removed line breaks from generated code to avoid adding extra line breaks in the rendered video in some situations where wpautop is run after the code is created.
4.2.5 – October 12, 2013
- Fixed bug that disabled FFMPEG when other plugin settings were changed.
4.2.4 – October 12, 2013
- Fixed bug that ignored "Enlarge lower resolution videos to max width" plugin setting after thumbnails were generated.
- Fixed bug that caused in-browser thumbnail generation to fail after switching between several attachments in Chrome.
- Fixed bug that prevented fallback to FFMPEG/LIBAV when the video format was not compatible with the browser.
- Fixed bug that lost disabled plugin settings if the "Save Changes" button was pressed.
- Fixed bug that fixed moov atom incorrectly when using qt-faststart.
- Added verification of the "Path to applications folder on server" setting to strip extra slashes and unnecessary subfolders.
- Added "Fixing moov atom for streaming" section to FFMPEG test output.
- Added legacy FFMPEG libx264 flags manually so we don't have to rely on finding vpre files.
- Now multiplying H.264 level flags by 10 for better compatibility.
- Removed unnecessary & inconsistent check for existing thumbnail files on attachment pages.
4.2.3 – October 9, 2013
- Fixed bug that caused encoding on Windows servers to hang and not show progress.
- Fixed bug that only disabled right-clicking when using the Video.js player.
- Fixed bug that prevented encoding videos from the External URL tab.
- Fixed bug that showed an empty "Replace original with H.264" checkbox if the filename changed.
- Better error reporting when encoding or auto thumbnail creation fails.
- Modified method for determining video's dimensions from FFMPEG/LIBAV output. This will cause videos with single-digit resolutions to fail.
- Adjusted video gallery CSS.
4.2.2 – October 7, 2013
- Fixed bug that was setting the global $content_width to 2048 on every page.
4.2.1 – October 6, 2013
- Featured images are now set for the post currently being edited, which does not have to be the video's parent.
- Rounded offset values when generating thumbnails with FFMPEG and LIBAV for backwards compatibility with older versions of FFMPEG.
- Added check to ensure server supports ImageMagick or GD libraries necessary to save thumbnails created in the browser.
- Added check to avoid saving thumbnails twice.
- Fixed saving disabled plugin settings.
- Changed FFMPEG encoding string to double quotes for Windows compatibility.
4.2 - October 5, 2013
- THUMBNAILS FOR EVERYBODY! Added in-browser thumbnail generation. Any video in the media library that can be played natively in the current browser can now be used to generate thumbnails without requiring special software on your server.
- Updated shortcode to support the simplest possible implementation: [KGVID]. Without any additional information, it will automatically find and display all videos attached to the post.
- Added "id" and "videos" attributes to shortcode to display specific video IDs or show a specific number of attached videos.
- If a video thumbnail is set, the video will now use its thumbnail as an icon in the WordPress admin area instead of the generic "video" icon.
- To avoid clutter, additional video formats encoded by the plugin are now hidden from lists of media, unless "Video" is specifically selected.
- When a master video is deleted and additional video formats are not deleted, the next highest quality format automatically becomes the master video.
- Updated Video.js to version 4.2.1, updated the included skin to work with it, and removed the unused image video-js.png.
- Added option to use the WordPress default video player introduced in WordPress version 3.6.
- Added buttons to choose thumbnails, end of video image, and watermark from the media library.
- Added option to add Open Graph tags for posting videos on Facebook. However, for the many Facebook users who browse with https, your own videos must be served via https in order to work.
- Added options to automatically generate a thumbnail and encode videos to multiple formats as soon as they are uploaded (FFMPEG/LIBAV only).
- Added option to disable responsive video resizing.
- Added options to restrict thumbnail making and video encoding to particular user roles.
- Added option to enter username and password to give FFMPEG/LIBAV access to .htaccess protected videos.
- Added option to disable right-clicking on videos.
- Added option to replace original video file with an H.264 video of the same resolution.
- Added advanced FFMPEG/LIBAV encoding options. New options include choice between Constant Rate Factor and Average Bit Rate, H.264 profiles and levels, audio bit rate, disabling nice on Linux, and the ability to encode with more than one thread.
- Added -movflags faststart option available in newer versions of FFMPEG/LIBAV, eliminating the need for qt-faststart or MP4Box.
- Added a test encoding output on the settings page for easier troubleshooting.
- Split plugin settings page in to two tabs.
- Fixed saving plugin settings when multiple settings are changed rapidly.
- No longer starting video encodes using nohup command on Linux servers.
- FFMPEG vpre flag switched from slow to fast.
- Enabled actual support for encoding with libfdk_aac, and the experimental built-in aac encoder as a last resort.
- Fixed cases where the encode queue would not advance if an unexpected error happened.
- Fixed encoding library messages so the errors are saved to the encode queue and don't disappear immediately.
- Changed endOfVideoOverlay and endOfVideoOverlaySame options to lowercase.
- Revised method for determining if a video URL refers to an attachment in the WordPress database to account for differences between urls using http and https and filenames that slip into the database with spaces intact.
4.1.5 – June 30, 2013
- Updated Video.js to version 4.1.0
- Restored code to show captions and download links in gallery pop-ups.
- Fixed conflict with fitVids.js by disabling the function whenever a video is embedded with the KGVID shortcode. fitVid.js is not compatible with the Video.js player and is not necessary to make videos responsive when you are using this plugin.
- Increased bitrate of encoded videos.
- Increased play button circle thickness and triangle size.
- Made video title overlay background slightly transparent and the title width fluid through CSS rather than JS.
4.1.4 – May 30, 2013
- Restored ability to use percentages for video width (I didn't even know you could do this before and I apologize for breaking it arbitrarily).
- Fixed Video.js play button triangle vertical alignment problem on many themes (where were all the complaints on this one?) and tweaked the :hover settings.
- Moved play button overlay behind gallery thumbnail title if they happen to overlap.
- Changed WordPress user capability required to access plugin settings menu page from 'administrator' to 'manage_options' to allow access to multisite Super Admins and anyone else who has the manage_options capability.
4.1.3 – May 25, 2013
- Updated Video.js to version 4.0.2 which is supposed to solve IE play-button loading issues.
- Added option to show image at end of video in Video.js player (similar to the feature already available in Strobe Media Playback).
- Fixed bug that ignored
gallery_idsetting in gallery shortcodes and was preventing
gallery_includesetting for videos that are not children of the current post.
- Brought download link into shortcode rather than old method of inserting it into the post as text below the shortcode.
- Automatically adjust pop-up gallery window height to display captions, view counts, and download links.
- Rolled back responsive video resize method. Only the width of the immediate container will be used to calculate the correct size.
- For very small videos, Video.js controls are now selectively removed as the width drops below 260 pixels to prevent them from dropping outside of the video window.
4.1.2 - May 23, 2013
- Changed check for FFMPEG to use the H.264 sample video as input to avoid any PNG-related red herrings.
-f mjpegto thumbnail-generating command to maintain compatibility with versions of FFMPEG that can't figure it out on their own.
4.1.1 - May 21, 2013
- Removed second argument from json_encode() which caused video setup & resizing features to fail when servers were running PHP 5.2.
4.1 - May 19, 2013
- Updated Video.js to version 4.0 and created a new skin that approximates the old one. Older versions of Video.js had some security holes, so this update is highly recommended.
- Fixed bug that disabled Strobe Media Playback player and caused "TypeError: Error #1034" messages, particularly in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed bug that caused view count to be replaced by complete views when the end of the video is reached.
- Fixed bug that disabled video encode status monitoring in media modal popup when the same video was already in the post edit window.
- Fixed bug that displayed WordPress thumbnail-sized poster image if no poster URL was in shortcode.
- Tweaked video resize method to support more kinds of themes.
- Added ability to turn off watermark on individual videos by entering
watermark="false"in the shortcode.
- Added option to disable embedding on other websites.
- Added option to allow videos to be placed next to each other on the page.
- Added support for AAC library libfdk_aac.
- Adjusted embedded video and gallery CSS to account for colored backgrounds.
- Renamed "Poster image" plugin setting to "Default thumbnail"
- Removed post meta box below post editing window until I can work out a way to generate them without disabling video encode status monitoring in media modal popup when the same video is already in the post edit window.
- Replaced deprecated ereg PHP function with preg_match and used a more precise regular expression when determining the height and width of videos.
4.0.3 - May 01, 2013
- Fixed bug that caused video control text to display below videos on iPhones.
- Changed method for saving video plays to the database. Now more secure and accurate.
4.0.2 - April 25, 2013
- Plugin settings are no longer re-saved to the database on every page load. Should speed things up a little.
- Changed CSS to discourage theme styles from overriding embed code overlay styles.
4.0.1 - April 23, 2013
- Added options to display video title and embed code overlays on video player, and captions and view counts below videos.
- Added option to filter your theme's video attachment page template to display the video instead of WordPress's default behavior of just showing the title of the video. For backwards compatibility retained old method of completely replacing the video attachment template with a video player.
- Redesigned settings page to save using AJAX, and added a sample video player so changes are seen immediately.
- Added iframe method to embed your videos on other websites.
- Additional video formats encoded by the plugin are now added to the WordPress database as video attachments. To avoid a Russian nesting doll scenario these child attachments do not have the fields for creating thumbnails and encoding additional formats.
- Changed encoded H.264 extensions from .m4v to .mp4 to increase compatibility with WordPress 3.6's new video capabilities. Existing M4V files will still work.
- Checks only one time for alternate video sources when videos are embedded from other servers. This should speed up page load times considerably.
- Added ability to rotate and replace the original file for videos recorded vertically on cell phones.
- Added post meta box to posts with embedded videos that lists alternate formats found for each video.
- Added option to set a post's featured image to the most recently generated thumbnail, and a button to set all previously generated thumbnails as featured images.
- Added option to save generated thumbnails as children of either the video or the post the video is attached to, and a button to convert all thumbnails to the chosen hierarchy.
- Added option to delete associated thumbnails and additional encoded video formats when original video attachment is deleted.
- Added backwards compatibility for WordPress versions 3.2 and above.
- If Strobe Media Playback player is selected, the Video.js player is used in situations where Flash doesn't work (webm, ogg playback) instead of the ugly default browser players.
- Added watermark, view counts, volume attribute, and Google Analytics event tracking when using Strobe Media Playback player.
- Added alignment option to center or right-justify videos.
- Revised video player setup to properly resize the player if the containing DIV is smaller than the video, and resize again if the window size changes (or orientation changes on Android).
- No matter which player is selected, iOS now displays the built-in controls so AirPlay works.
- Added schema.org videoobject markup for improved SEO.
- Fixed FLV embedding with Video.js player and improved selection of embedded formats for Strobe Media Playback.
- Adjusted video gallery CSS and added a play button overlay to gallery thumbnails.
- Adjusted watermark and Video.js play button CSS so the overlays don't overwhelm small videos.
- Set Video.js controls to fade out on autoplay and on iOS, without having to mouseover the video.
- Fixed endless "loading" spinner shown at the end of videos in some browsers in Video.js player.
- Clicking "Insert into post" immediately after upload without changing any options now inserts shortcode instead of just the title of the video.
- Inserting shortcode without a thumbnail no longer attempts to save the nonexistent thumbnail. Thumbnail cleanup is handled better.
- Fixed error message "array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array" when shortcode didn't have attributes.
- Escaped all shell commands for increased security.
- Fixed bug that made "Encode" button disappear if all formats were checked.
- Fixed missing argument for kgvid_clear_completed_queue() when scheduling cleanup.
4.0 - April 22, 2013
- Accidental release caused by programmer's incompetence.
3.1.1 - March 5, 2013
- Fixed missing ) in uninstall.php
3.1 - January 30, 2013
- Added video watermark overlay option. (Video.js only)
- Changed front-end CSS file name to kgvid_styles.css and made it always available, not just when galleries are on the page.
- Removed my watermark testing logo which was accidentally inserted above videos in version 3.0.3.
- Added option to choose -b:v or legacy -b flags when encoding. Recent FFMPEG versions only accept -b:v.
- Added automatic encode queue cleanup. Any completed entry older than a week will be removed.
- Added deactivation hook to remove queue and scheduled queue cleanup on deactivation.
- Added uninstall.php to remove settings from the database on uninstall.
- Disabled "Delete Permanently" link while encoding is canceling.
- Checked for escapeshellcmd. If it's disabled on the server, encoding can't start.
- Fixed insert title and download link checkboxes. They will actually insert something now.
- Changed method for determining if a video has been played or paused and played again, for counting purposes.
- Fixed check for mime type when generating H.264 video encode checkboxes to avoid showing options for QuickTime files that are higher resolution than the original video.
3.0.3 - January 29, 2013
- If video player is set larger than the containing DIV and the player size is reduced to fit, the height is now rounded to the nearest integer.
3.0.2 - January 24, 2013
- Fixed bug that permanently disabled buttons on the Embed Video from URL tab.
- Disabled "Delete Permanently" option for encoded files found on other servers.
- Reduced the jQuery UI Dialog css and put it in its own scope to avoid conflicts with existing jQuery UI Dialog themes.
- Cleaned out some leftover code.
3.0.1 - January 24, 2013
- Fixed bug that inserted empty options into gallery shortcodes.
3.0 - January 23, 2013
- Updated to provide compatibility with several media changes in WordPress 3.5. With this version, thumbnail generating & video encoding will only work in WordPress 3.5 and above.
- Added popup video gallery.
- Changed shortcode tag to [showshortcode][/showshortcode]. Retained [showshortcode][/showshortcode] for backwards compatibility.
- Added Video.js player option. Older Strobe Media Playback Flash player is still included for backwards compatibility, but Video.js is highly recommended.
- Added video play counting which is recorded to the WordPress database (Video.js only).
- Added Google Analytics event tracking for video plays (Video.js only)
- Added ability to encode multiple H.264 video resolutions.
- Added video encoding queue.
- Added qt-faststart and MP4Box processing to MP4/M4V H.264 videos encoded by the plugin to allow playback of videos as they download.
- Added option to change default number of thumbnails generated by the plugin.
- Changed any https FFMPEG input to http.
- Thumbnail images are now added to the WordPress database as soon as they are selected.
- Added option to use LIBAV instead of FFMPEG for thumbnail generating and video encoding.
- Added wmode parameter to fix Chrome z-index issue. (Strobe Media Playback only)
- Improved swfobject.js script enqueuing method to prevent conflicts (Strobe Media Playback only)
- Rewrote plugin settings to work with the WordPress plugin settings API.
- Removed dropdown list for embedding alternate encoded formats of video. All formats are made available to the player and the browser chooses best compatible format.
- Removed mdetect.php and removed forced downgrading of quality when on mobile devices. Mobile browsers now automatically choose best compatible format.
2.0.6 - April 27, 2012
- Removed swfobject.js from the plugin package. Now using the one included with WordPress. WordPress 3.3.2 contains a security fix for swfobject.js and the plugin will use the fixed version if you have upgraded WordPress (which is highly recommended).
- Added setting to customize the formatting of titles inserted by the plugin.
- Added settings to display a custom image when videos end instead of the first frame of the video (Flash only).
- Fixed problem with embedded FLV files giving message "Argument Error – Invalid parameter passed to method" when loading poster images.
2.0.5 - April 20, 2012
- Fixed "Wrong datatype for second argument" error on line 339 and subsequent automatic replacement of original videos with Mobile/H.264 versions whether they exist or not.
2.0.4 - April 19, 2012
- Once again changed the process checking for FFMPEG installations. Should be universal now.
- Added setting to turn on vpre flags for users with installed versions of FFMPEG old enough that libx264 requires vpre flags to operate.
- Added setting to replace the video attachment template with a page containing only the code necessary to display the video. Makes embedding your hosted videos on other sites easier.
- Fixed progress bar for older versions of FFMPEG.
- Added Flash fallback when OGV or WEBM videos are embedded.
- Removed restriction on number of thumbnails that can be generated at once and added a cancel button while generating thumbnails.
2.0.3 - February 24, 2012
- When working with file formats that can't be embedded (WMV, AVI, etc) the option to embed the original file will be disabled if Mobile/H.264, WEBM, or OGV files are found.
- Changed encoding bitrate flag back to -b instead of -b:v to retain compatibility with older versions of FFMPEG.
- Cosmetic changes in encoding progress bar.
- No longer deleting encoded files if progress can't be properly established.
- Added "nice" to the encode commond (not on Windows) to prevent FFMPEG from overusing system resources.
2.0.2 - February 21, 2012
- Fixed check for FFMPEG to work with Windows.
2.0.1 - February 21, 2012
- Fixed check for FFMPEG again. Should be more universal.
2.0 - February 20, 2012
- Large rewrite to fix several security issues. Full server paths are no longer exposed in the Media Upload form, all AJAX calls are handled through wp_ajax, and nonces are checked.
- Added video encoding progress bar on Linux servers.
- Added button to cancel encoding.
- Added option to encode 720p or 1080p H.264 videos.
- Changed requirements for AAC encoding. Will work with libfaac or libvo-aacenc.
- Improved error reporting to help diagnose problems.
- Videos recorded on phones in portrait mode (tall and skinny) will not end up sideways if FFMPEG version .10 or later is installed.
- Thumbnail generation process uses fancy jQuery animation.
- Fixed check for FFMPEG. Should actually work in Windows now.
- Fixed unenclosed generate, embed, submit, delete strings in kg_call_ffmpeg
1.1 - January 8, 2012
- Includes Strobe Media Playback files so Flash Player is now hosted locally, which allows skinning.
- Added skin with new, more modern looking play button. Upgraders should check the plugin settings for more details.
- Fixed "Insert into Post" button in "Embed from URL" tab when editor is in HTML view mode. Used to do nothing! Now does something.
- Added option to override default Mobile/HTML5 encode formats for each video
- Added check for FFMPEG. Generate & Encode buttons are disabled if FFMPEG isn't found.
1.0.6 - November 6, 2011
- Resetting to defaults on the plugin settings page resets to actual values now, instead of undefined constants.
1.0.5 - November 6, 2011
- Fixed "Embed from URL" thumbnail creation. Generated thumbnails don't disappear anymore.
1.0.4 - November 4, 2011
- More thorough check made for existing attachments before registering poster images with the WordPress Media Library. Avoids registering duplicates or medium/small/thumb image sizes if they're used as poster image.
- Added loop, autoplay, and controls options to HTML5 video elements.
- When saving attachments, won't try to delete thumb_tmp directory if it doesn't exist.
1.0.3 - October 27, 2011
- Revised thumbnail cleanup to make sure temp files aren't deleted when generating thumbnails for more than one video at a time.
1.0.2 - October 21, 2011
- Fixed a shocking number of unenclosed stings in get_options() calls. Bad programming. Didn't affect functionality, but will stop generating errors.
- Removed clumsy check for FFMPEG running. Was preventing encoding if ANY user on the server was running FFMPEG. Be wary of overusing your system resources though.
1.0.1 - October 21, 2011
- Quick fix to add mdetect.php to the plugin package from WordPress
1.0 - October 20, 2011
- Huge re-write.
- Integrated with WordPress Media Library and added WEBM support.
- Increased control over thumbnail generation.
- Added tab to Insert Video dialog box for adding by URL (like the old version).
0.2.1 - October 9, 2011
- Check made to ensure iPhone/iPod/Android compatible encode video height is an even number when HTML5 video encodes are made.
0.2 - January 18, 2011
- First Release